Thursday, April 10, 2014

"Learn From Me"


In Matthew 11:28-30, Jesus says:

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” (NKJV)

There is a lot of meat in this invitation from Jesus Christ. Most often, we make application of this by saying that we need to go to Jesus for rest. However, we need to notice the other part of the Lord's invitation.

Jesus says, "...learn from me."

There is so much that we can learn from Jesus. Jesus is our perfect example.

Over the next several weeks, I intend to use this space to look at different passages of Scripture where we learn something about and something from Jesus Christ.

I hope that you'll read and study along with me as we seek to learn from our Lord!

What can YOU learn from Jesus?

***Next week we will begin the series by looking at John 1:1-18.***

No comments:

Post a Comment